We use affiliate links. If you purchase something using one of these links, we may receive compensation or commission.
About a week ago I wrote a post about exploring the immortality of werewolves . I explored that in most werewolf folklore that the werewolf is not necessarily immortal because they can die from their wounds. Although they can regress their age and appear young.
I mentioned five types of immortality:
- prolonged lifespan or eternal youth.: where a being lives and stays young but they can be killed if mortally wounded.( most common in fiction and explored through objects such as the fountain of youth or a magic elixir )
- Undeath immortality – where a being has died but they are still alive . (example vampire or zombie)
- Reincarnation immortality – where a being dies but comes back to life over and over again in different forms.
- Postmortality- where a being lives on in the afterlife after they die. ( examples of post mortality is usually explored in many cultures famous ones being heaven and vahalia )
- Absolute immortality – is where the being cannot be harmed in anyway or die at all and is basically indestructible and then is one of the reasons why it can be explained why immortality is used as a curse in some fiction novels.
In my work in progress werewolf novel my werewolves are necessarily immortal. Since (spoiler) there are not and never will be bitten humans who turn into werewolves in my novel. My werewolves are hereditary werewolves who can live and have lived for ages due to a curse they enabled as regular wolves . Therefore being in reverse where they can turn human.
There are different types of these cursed werewolves that have lived forever and it is hard to kill them. The main type of cursed werewolves that can live forever are the original wolves werewolves and their offspring . Practically nothing can kill these werewolves except other werewolves . In my work in progress novel I only mention 6 throughout the whole series . There are probably others but they are just around.
This type of immortality matches somewhat with the prolonged lifespan or eternal youth immortality . My werewolves can look young or old forever however it is based on how old they were as a wolf.
My original wolves can mate with humans thus creating a 2nd type of werewolf. These werewolves cannot live forever . They can grow old and live up to 50 years .
The reincarnation immortality and absolute immortality are also types of immortality that my werewolves have but are very rare among my werewolves.
If you liked this blog post and you want to see more content involving my work in progress During the Blue Hour Follow , Like , share . THEN LET’S START A DIALOGUE
ARE ANY OF YOUR CHARACTERS IN YOUR NOVEL CURSED OR IMMORTAL ?
I want to know so let me know in the comments below.
You can also interact with the podcast on Gab @duringthebluehour
Check out the teaser of the upcoming short story , IN THE HOUR OF HUMANITY COMING SOON
And don’t forget if you need any video editing services done such as book trailers, promos and photo galleries please visit my sister site at www.bhmediaproductions.com to get more information and schedule a free consultation with me to see about getting 10-20% off on your first video project.